Professor (Associate Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences)
Performance studies, Feminist theory, Feminist Pedagogy
Office: FAO 011
Dr. Bell is serving as Associate Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences.
Dr. Bell joined the USF faculty in 1988. Her research interests include performance studies, feminist theory and pedagogy. She enjoys cross-stitching historical samplers, replacing biblical verses with feminist slogans. She is the proud mom of three very smart, funny, and talented children. She is Nana to two equally smart, funny, and talented grandchildren.
Undergraduate Course Offerings
- Introduction to Communication as Performance
- Oral Tradition
- Women and Communication
Graduate Course Offerings
- Feminism and Performance
- Performance Theory
- Texts in Performance
Honors and Awards
- John I. Sisco Teaching Excellence Award, Southern States Communication Association, 2007.
- Southern States Communication Association Gender Scholar of the Year, 2006.
- Distinguished Service Award, Performance Studies Division, National Communication Association, 2005.
- Feminist Teacher-Mentor Award, Organization for the Study of Communication, Language, and Gender, 2000
- Outstanding Undergraduate Teaching Award, USF, 2000
Ph.D., Speech Communication, University of Texas, Austin, 1983.
M.A., Speech Communication, University of Texas at Austin, 1980.
B.S. with Honors, Speech Communication, University of Texas at Austin, 1973.
Amanda Firestone , David Jenkins