Cybernetics and systems approaches, Reflexivity, Action research,
Office: CIS 3044
Dr. Steier joined the Communication faculty in 1996. His current research projects with the Museum of Science and Industry (MOSI) explore issues of organizational learning and action research.
Undergraduate Course Offerings
- Intercultural Communication
- Communication, Culture, and Community
- Introduction to Communication Theory in Organizations
Graduate Course Offerings
- Action Research
- Communication Systems Practice
- Communication Theory
- Reflexivity in Social Systems
- Communities and Sustainability
- Gregory Bateson: Essays for an Ecology of Ideas (ed.) Imprint Academic, 2005.
- Research and Reflexivity (ed.) London: Sage, 1991.
Ph.D., General Systems Theory, University of Pennsylvania, 1983.