Loyd S. Pettegrew
Health communication, Organizational Communication
Office: CIS 3019
Loyd Pettegrew has been with the Department of Communication since 1982. His research interests include organization communication, public opinion, persuasion, and integrated marketing communications. He is our token capitalist, surfer, big game fisherman and a favorite among undergraduate students.
Undergraduate Course Offerings
- Communication Intern Seminar
- Influencing Public Opinion
- Integrated Marketing Communication
- Interview Communication
- Introduction to Communication
- Introduction to Communication Theory in Organizations
- Organizational Commmunication Practicum
- Coordinating Organizational Communication
Graduate Course Offerings
- Interpreting Quantitative Methods
- Organizational Change
- Organizational Communication
- "Enlightened Communication is the Key to Building Relationships." Journal of Relationship Marketing 7.2 (2008): 151-76.
- "If IMC Is So Good, Why Isn't It Being Implemented?: Barriers to IMC Adoption in Corporate America" Journal of Integrated Communication 2000-2001, pp. 29-37
- The Seven Rules of Bureacracy.
Pettegrew, Loyd S. & Vance, Carol A. (2012) Von Mises Institute, March 23rd, pp.1-17.
- "Embracing Ethics and Morality: A Critical Essay for the Accounting Profession." Vance, Carol A., Stephens, William & Pettegrew, Loyd S. (2012)The CPA Journal, 82, 1, 16-36.
Honors and Awards
- Outstanding Undergraduate Teaching Award, USF, 1989
Ph.D., Speech Communication, Univeristy of Michigan, 1977.
|87006||COM 3120||002||Organizational Communication|
All testing will be online at 5pm-6pm Monday evenings.
|92580||COM 3122||001||Interview Communication|
All testing will be online at 8am-9am Saturday mornings. These test dates and times will not conflict with COM 4530.
|88341||COM 4530||001||Influencing Public Opinion|
All testing will be online at 8am-9am Saturday mornings. These test dates and times will not conflict with COM 3122.